Watch this space - we ARE now updating this page with latest events.....starting with the best of course - the local highlights of Crantock:
Friday 04th May 2012 through to Monday 07th May 2012 - The Smugglers Den Inn, Trebellan, Near Cubert - Annual Pie & Ale Festival!
- Their reknowned Pie & Ale Festival is back and, in Royal Wedding Bank Holiday mode, extended for an additional day this year! Don't worry, if you are not a pie or ale lover they run their normal menu in tandem along with wines and other standard bar drinks AND, for cider lovers, there will be an immense choice eclipsed only by the number of ales on offer! All this and only a short taxi ride (Cubert Taxis will be pleased to assist) away from us here - so...go on on make a date and book now to stay here at the Fairbank Hotel, Crantock the place to sit back...relax...enjoy the view
- it's worth it and that's not just for the pies and ales on offer!
Tuesday, 03rd July 2012 - Crantock Summer Fiesta night
- Fiesta night is traditionally held on the first Tuesday following the first Sunday in July, year on year. Regulars return year after year to enjoy a true Cornish village special that is always a tremendous success thanks to the efforts of the organisers and participants! So why not come on down and sample this event for yourself and enjoy Crantock at its finest? We still have vacancies for this marvellous event which raises funds for many local charities. Make it a worthwhile trip and catch the tremendous colourful display in the poppy fields of West Pentire - truly stunning as some of the pictures used as headers to our web site show. So go on make a date and book now to stay here at the Fairbank Hotel, Crantock the place to sit back...relax...enjoy the view
- it's worth it!
Tuesday, 07th August 2012 - Crantock Jazz in the Parc (Park)
- a must for any lover of Crantock and Cornwall, supporting many local charities and an event that will commence from 18.30 through until well dark. So...fingers crossed for a true Cornish summer this year so that we can once again enjoy this superb event. More details on specific items planned for this evening to follow, so please watch this space or sign-up to our newsletter.....go on.....it makes sense and it gives you yet another excuse to visit/return and - sit back...relax...enjoy the view
- at the Fairbank Hotel, Crantock!
Friday 14th September 2012 - The Cornish Championship Bale Push (the 13th Anniversary of this fantastic event!)
.....start assembling your team and commence training now to ensure your fitness levels are up to challenge the finest in this absolutely memorable event of the year, as teams of all ages/size/gender roll the hay bale around the centre of Crantock village! It really is a wondrous event and "highly" competitive - there are entry levels to suit all including the youngsters that often shame the more elderly teams! So come on down and enjoy the spectacle (and beers, wines.....) and experience a really fun evening. Special accommodation rates available here for those that wish to attend this cracking event that now receives national coverage - an experience to remember..... Any potential team volunteers please email us as this year we hope to field a team to compete against the finest. Hopefully, our 'Fairbank Belles' will fair better this year in the ladies competition - no excuses please girls and an improvement on the standard fourth place would be great this year!?! We will have to wait and see exactly what the 'Belles' can achieve following their 'virtual' training sessions - maybe this will even be their year!?! It is a fun event.....so please - sign-up now; no excuses; come and join the Crantock event of the year and, as a result, support many worthwhile charitable causes but, above all else - have some real fun!!! Check the link
for more information about this terrific event and the many Charities that have benefited from this fundraising. Please email us for further details.....go on...it's all about life, fun and living for the moment - so come on down and - sit back...relax...enjoy the view
- here at the Fairbank Hotel, Crantock..............
Back with some more of Cornwall's 2012 highlights soon.....so watch this space or, better still, come and join us for a relaxing break in what has to be one of Cornwall's finest coastal villages. OK - so we're biased but what more could you want than what Crantock has to offer? So, go on - check us out and just - sit back...relax...enjoy the view!